Friday, February 27, 2009

Unidentified Photo Identified...finally!


This copy of a photo was in my grandma Irene's box of photos when I first got them and it's been at the back of the photo album I put together with the other unidentified photos (including a naked baby on an animal skin rug). The mystery is finally over. My cousin Marty Klein sent me an e-mail yesterday after his daughter sent him this same photo and identified the woman as Marty's "Grandma Sarah". That makes this photo Abraham and Sara Klein, my great-grandparents.
Sarah Zymburska emigrated from Lomza, Poland in 1905. Within a couple of months, she met and married kosher butcher Abram Klein in New York City. They had 6 children, 5 boys and 1 girl and divorced in 1931. Sarah filed for the divorce claiming that Abraham was having an affair. For more information about Sarah, see The Elusive Sarah Klein.
It feels good to finally identify this photo but it feels even better to now have faces to go with the family stories.

No comments: