Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thanks For The Memories

It's tough to know where to start...

Some of my family members are truly interested in the stories I write and the discoveries I've made about the family. Others politely smile and nod and tell me what a great job I did. A few just pretend to listen. That's ok. My genealogy blog provided me with a way to not only share information with family and friends but it mainly served as an outlet for me to organize thoughts, facts and theories. I could ramble on past the point where most humans seem to lose interest and if I made a mistake, I could go back and fix it. I tend to have more of a visual memory so the organized format helped me remember where things were.

This blog has also served as a tool to connect with other bloggers and family members. Choosing Google to host my blog proved to be a good move...two cousins found me while searching on Google for our one famous cousin. The blog allowed me to keep important key words within reach of the search engines and The Carnival of Genealogy has given me great ideas for new posts.

I wish I could say that there could never be another blog like my genealogy blog but I can't...I'm hooked...I have to start another one. Just know that I wouldn't have gotten this far without the first blog.

for anyone reading this who did not find it through the Carnival of Genealogy, my blog isn't going anywhere...this was just a proposed topic for the Carnival...a blog obituary :-)

No comments: