Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lena Lutsky suicide



Article in the Sept. 20, 1912 edition of the Brooklyn Daily Eagle reporting the suicide of my ggm Lena Lutsky nee Belinki. They couldn't even bother to spell her last name correctly and there's no mention of the 2 babies she left behind.



















517 Stone Avenue, Brooklyn, in a photo taken circa 1940. This is where Lena killed herself in 1912 but also where my grandmother was born in 1911. Her brother was probably also born here in 1910.

1 comment:

Lidian said...

That is such a tragic story - the clipping and the photograph really say so much. Thank you very much for sharing it. I have very deep roots in Brooklyn on both sides of my family.

I know that they have only digitized the Eagle up to 1902, did it take you a long time to find this?