Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pictures from Lazdijai/Lozdzieje, Lithuania(2)

If you recognize anyone, please let me know. These photos were taken in Lozdzieje, Lithuania in the late 1920s. My grandmother is Peshe BERGZON, daughter of Jeruchim BERGZON and Dobruszia JABLON. Her brother David is in some of the photos.




Per message to David BERGZON on back of photo, one of these young men is Moshe ZIBOW. The message is dated Oct. 19, 1928.









Per message on back of photo, this is a friend of Peshe BERGZON named Sholom MANN. Dated Oct. 28, 1927.































Inscription: For everlasting memory for my friend Peshe BERGZON from me your friend Golda ROLUTA (RAMLUTA?), May 1929



Inscription: For remembrance to my friend Peshe BERGZON on the occasion of her trip to America, from me ___ Kavyukel(?), May 1929.



Inscription: For eternal memory to a friend Peshe BERGZON from me your friend Zev.








At center is teacher (malamed) Yeshayahu AKS (1875-1941) . To his right is Peshe BERGZON








No comments: